Saturday, December 5, 2009

I need tips on my new job.?

I just recently got hired as an usher at AMC Movie theater. Do you have an tips?



I need tips on my new job.?chinese theater



By the nature of your question, it seems that you are committed to doing a good job and want some idea of the lay of the land. While I have personally never worked at a movie theatre - and that is not for the want of it as it seems like it would be very cool to do so, I do know what has contributed to my experience.



1. Don't be afraid to be nice. There is nothing more depressing than getting ready for the date, both of you traveling to the theatre after a few debates over which movie to see, having a really nice dinner and being exciting about going into the theatre and then being faced by a rude or even worse, unconcerned, employee. The way you present yourselves to the people going it helps to stage their experience - either positively or negatively.



2. Follow the dress code. I am a sucker for unanimity and when I see ushers and staff all wearing the same pants, vest and who look cleancut then I am more satisfied.



3. Be prepared for people to be total pains in the ****. While most everyone you experience is doing something they find fun, everyone has a different face they show the world. Don't let a mean old crabby man coming in for a discount matinee as you start your shift at 2pm. to ruin the next 8 hours for you. Just because he is in a bad mood doesn't mean you should be - although it may feel like that is his goal.



4. Be clear with people. While some can find it offputting, I like the definition of knowing I can resource staff for questions as simple as where is the bathroom, or how do I get back the parking lot. These things make me want to come back.



5. Finally, enjoy it! If you are having fun, your customers will to.



Thanks for the chance to offer you my advice, and good luck. You have already shown more initiative than most of the people I work with by simply asking this question - and we make drugs to treat diseases - so you are more than off to a terrific start.



I need tips on my new job.?opera mini opera theater



Yes, because I used to have a similar job. First be nice to all of the customers. Secondly, make sure to look busy if you can. When I worked as a theatre host and there wasn't much to do I would talk amongst my co-workers or talk to customers. The biggest thing is to make sure the customer feels welcome. And don't be nervous because its an easy job for the most part.
Put yourself in the public's point of view, how would you like to be welcomed into the theatre?



Very Polite, helpful and informative.



People will often ask you where to go or that they are looking for a certain place. Make sure you know where they need to be and you wont have many problems. =]



John.
Since we are in a recession, you have to find ways to keep your job that is if you do like working there.



1) Have a positive attitude. You cannot whine or complain, that's probably a reputation morale-killer right there. The first people who get fired are the ones with negative impressions.



2) Volunteer to do extra work. but also dont volunteer things you cant handle, these extra work gets the job well-done.



3) Be on time. Limit your "vacations" and that is a good way to go. By means of Vacation is that you better show up to work if you want to keep your position.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd