Saturday, December 5, 2009

Does the security has the right to check my movie ticket if I am still at lobby?

I went to AMC theater. I checked in and walk around the lobby to wait for movie to start. The security followed me and eventually asked me to show him my ticket. I didn't go into other movie room to watch the movie I didn't pay for. I was just walking around the lobby. Does he has the right to check my ticket?



Thanks.



Does the security has the right to check my movie ticket if I am still at lobby?performing arts



If you have spent a lot of time wandering around, they may be making sure you're not trying to sneak into another movie or just waiting for another one to start. It's a private business that has the right to protect it's product(s). You purchased a ticket for one product, they are making sure you are not stealing from them by trying to see another film without paying.



Does the security has the right to check my movie ticket if I am still at lobby?binoculars opera theater



He wants to see if you're a paying customer or just loitering around.



And yes, they have the right.
Yup. Their house, their rules. Unless they somehow violate another law (anti-discrimination, etc.), simply asking to see your ticket sounds like a perfectly reasonable request. As a private property owner, they have a right to prevent trespassing. Just because their belief was wrong, does not mean that they acted illegally.
Yes, if you're in a private place of business, they may question you as long as you are on their property. This is the same principle many theme parks and concert venues are invoking when they search people's bags.
You bet. A security officer is an agent of the owner and is responsible for protection of the owner's interests... Including making sure that persons loitering inside the establishment are authorized to be there. A movie ticket is a definable authorization and the security officer was completely within his rights to check it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd